Home Depot has their sale on again......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

I was just there tonight, and saw 5 tons sitting outside the front door, and the "Buy more, Save more" sign. Regular price is listed at $249

Same deal as before, with the biggest discount being $200 off 5 tons.

However, anyone who remember the last time when people were trying to use military discounts, HD coupons, etc, etc, along with the volume discount will be disappointed this time. Right next to the service desk was a sign that said that they were NOT going to honor ANY other discounts.

But if they have decent pellets, and if you buy 5 tons, $209 is a really good price, IMO.

Macman,

What brand?

Too bad all of your storage areas are FULL to overflowing . . . . :)

Ranger

Being this was my first year and I wasn't part of this knowledgeable forum at the time, I went for the 5 tons from HD route this past fall.
The brand I got was Fireside Ultras. They aren't bad I guess but I really have nothing to compare it to. I've noticed that sometimes, a bag or two seems to have a lot of fines in them but again, I don't know what's normal yet...also, I opened a bag last night and there were some expanded (probably got damp) but this is the first I've seen this. I emptied another bag this morning and didn't see anything unusual.

Anyway, as to what brand HD carries, I thought it was FS Ultras but I guess it depends where you are...different locations, different brands.

i purchased 2 bags of piney woods pellets from home depot in bloomsburg PA. these are by far the worst pellets i have ever seen. they didn't produce any heat. i had to run my stove on 7 or 8 to keep things warm here and i almost never turn my stove over 5. they were very rough and long pellets and my stove didn't like to feed them. the only upside was they were very clean burning. i sure am glad i bought 2 bags to try before i bought 2 tons!

timbo said:
Being this was my first year and I wasn't part of this knowledgeable forum at the time, I went for the 5 tons from HD route this past fall.
The brand I got was Fireside Ultras. They aren't bad I guess but I really have nothing to compare it to. I've noticed that sometimes, a bag or two seems to have a lot of fines in them but again, I don't know what's normal yet...also, I opened a bag last night and there were some expanded (probably got damp) but this is the first I've seen this. I emptied another bag this morning and didn't see anything unusual.

Anyway, as to what brand HD carries, I thought it was FS Ultras but I guess it depends where you are...different locations, different brands.

I have seen fireside ultra's, Pres to logs, Bayou and Pennington's at my local HD.

I have heard of others finding above and Winter warm, Stove Chow and Patomac's.

Kind of hit and miss to what they have.

the old ranger said:
Macman,

What brand?

Ranger

Fireside Ultra, and Presto Log....might have been another brand there too, but they had a lot of the tons up on the storage racks already and i couldn't tell.

As for the storage issue for more pellets, i have PLENTY of room in the EMPTY 3rd bay of my garage. ;-)

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 402
macman said:
the old ranger said:
Macman,

What brand?

Ranger

Fireside Ultra, and Presto Log....might have been another brand there too, but they had a lot of the tons up on the storage racks already and i couldn't tell.

As for the storage issue for more pellets, i have PLENTY of room in the EMPTY 3rd bay of my garage. ;-)

Bet it won't be empty for long! How many ton's you figure you can get in there?

Where going to have to create another pig level for your pellet hoarding. :p

Are you shure you feel OK? Might need to visit a DR.(shrink). Take a DEEP breath and say there only pellets 3 times. :cheese:

jtakeman said:
Bet it won't be empty for long! How many ton's you figure you can get in there? .......

Relax everybody........even though I could probably get about 15 more tons in there, I don't plan on any additional pellet purchases in the near future. $$ right now is in short supply, and I have a daughters birthday and Christmas looming in December (and no, the daughter does NOT want 2 tons of pellets for her b-day....more like an iPod Touch). :-/

HD Also has Stove Chow . I bought 2 tons of Stove Chow I can tell you there is a little difference with the 2. I bought the first ton early Sept and these were very clean .The 2nd ton had alot of dust.But both burn around 230 degrees in my harman accentra insert.
The hottest pellet I have are the clean fires from pellet sales .com. I get 260-270 from a clean stove.The cleanfires are very clean and I am very happy with them.The stove chows are great for 25 degrees and above outside and for 249 a ton not a bad pellet. I am still amazed at the garden senters in my area still charging 290=310 for lignetics,barefoot,nwp. Just nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.