Home Depot, Park City, UT Heatr's Brand "Premium Wood Pellets"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustoff

Feb 28, 2014
SW Wyoming
I recently purchased some Heatr's brand "Premium Wood Pellets" from the Home Depot in Park City, UT. Instead of being premium wood pellets they were equivalent to locally available wood pellets. I called the manufacturer, Forest Energy in Show Low, AZ and asked the Sales Manager why their pellets were green and why they were high ash and low btu. He asked if there was a printed code at the top right of the bag. I read him the code that was printed there and he explained to me that when their Show Low location is unable to meet demand, they use manufacturers in Utah and two other locations. He suggested I return the pellets to Home Depot and find a pallet with no code at the top (indicating they were made in Show Low and would be high btu and low ash as they have in the past). When I complained to Home Depot, I received no response. It is a 130 mile roundtrip from our home in SW Wyoming to Park City which, in my dually, would mean I would be paying an additional $40 to get the pellets I'd already paid $229 plus tax for thereby exacerbating my loss. If you buy these same wood pellets please be certain there's NO two line printed code at the top right or top middle.

Ouch that's total bull sheet.

Got a pic of the bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.