Home Prest Fire Logs and vermiculite panels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Osuna

Oct 15, 2014
NE Rhode Island
Any thoughts on burning Home Prest Fire Logs in a small non-cat wood stove (38000 BTUs) with vermiculite panels? Dying to try them out, know they burn hot and plan on breaking them in pieces to avoid over-firing. Thanks.

They will be fine, just don't overdo it. Which stove is this in?

I burned 4 at a time when testing in the 1.7 cu ft. Jotul F400 and they worked well. You should be ok burning a couple at a time.

Thanks for your reply. It’s a Morso 6140 (.505 cubic ft). I did read your helpful review of the logs but was a bit hesitant about the vermiculite. I’m looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks for your reply. It’s a Morso 6140 (.505 cubic ft). I did read your helpful review of the logs but was a bit hesitant about the vermiculite. I’m looking forward to trying them out.
Vermiculite panels are pretty durable I wouldn't be worried about them at all

Start out with one and see how it goes.