New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Hometown Ace Hardware Gloucester MA $6.99/Bag $309/ton with free delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey_C

Jul 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Hometown Ace Hardware Gloucester MA $6.99/Bag $309/ton with free delivery
29797922941_1b3b3f0a7d_c.jpg

Looks like some retailers are going to pretend nothing unusual happened last year and it will be business as usual this year.

Reactions: bogieb
Decent pellet from my experience last year - but no where worth that price!

Hometown Ace Hardware Gloucester MA $6.99/Bag $309/ton with free delivery
View attachment 184355

I was quoted the same price here in Central MA at the local Ace. Cashier couldn't tell me the brand off the top of his head...but at $7 per bag $309 a ton I wasn't interested anyway.

I'll probably be stocking up on Still River hardwoods, at least a ton from Walmart. Then wait for the mid heating season sales to start.

I was quoted the same price here in Central MA at the local Ace. Cashier couldn't tell me the brand off the top of his head...but at $7 per bag $309 a ton I wasn't interested anyway.

I'll probably be stocking up on Still River hardwoods, at least a ton from Walmart. Then wait for the mid heating season sales to start.
I've seen the Still Rivers at my local Lowes.I may have to try a few bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.