Honda 1132 snowblower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I picked up a used Honda 1132 snowblower last weekend. I did actually have enough snow in the driveway yesterday to take it for a run although it was vastly oversized for the 2" of snow.

Anyone have any experience with these Honda snowblowers. This is the biggest of this line and is definitely a commercial rig. It has track drive and a hydrostatic transmission. The owners manual is pretty sparse. I picked up some shear pins and hydrostatic drive fluid but are there any other wear parts I should stock?. I realize the transmission is hydrostatic but do need to see if the auger has a belt.

Compared to homeowners snowblowers, this thing is definitely commercial,. every control cable has rubber bellows to keep moisture out and every piece of steel is about twice as thick, not a lot of plastic on it. Despite being an 11 HP motor, its a pull start and starts up with one pull. I may swap the oil out for synthetic to make easy start in real cold weather. The carb bowl also has a connection for a drain hose which will make it nice to drain it.

The prior owner changed the oil twice a season, it was used on gravel so there is some wear in the blower section but it still looks like it has plenty of life left.

Keep plenty of shear pins on hand, we go through lots of them at work.

I have a smaller Honda with the tracks, and it runs beautifully. I keep synthetic oil in it and use non- ethanol fuel, with a splash of Star Tron or K100 in every tank. I also took the chute off and lubed the surface where it pivots with Never Seize.
My model has an adjustment on the cable for the auger throw, so when it showed symptoms of a slipping belt, I just adjusted the cable and cured it (no belts on my machine).
I have also replaced a few shear pins, and mine occasionally makes a clunking sound and pauses when moving forward. Something in the tranny probably, but still works fine.
I have a Honda lawn mower from the early 90's that is still going strong. One of the best small engines out there if you take care of it.

I have a 1332 tracked model, and it's a good example of a well built but poorly designed machine. It really moves snow, but the height adjustment stinks, and the gap in the chute lets snow blow all over me and the machine. I regret buying this machine, but will continue to use it. It appears to be designed by people who don't understand snow blowers. There are other design flaws with the machine, but it does have it good features. The engine is first-rate, the build quality is tops, too. My beef is with the design only. For what this thing costs, it should be better and easier to use.

It does indeed have belts for the auger drive, and it looks like a pain to change them. Whereas most machines require you to remove two bolts to split the machine, this one requires ten bolts to be removed, as well as other items like the cables, etc.

I picked up a used Honda 1132 snowblower last weekend. I did actually have enough snow in the driveway yesterday to take it for a run although it was vastly oversized for the 2" of snow.

Anyone have any experience with these Honda snowblowers. This is the biggest of this line and is definitely a commercial rig. It has track drive and a hydrostatic transmission. The owners manual is pretty sparse. I picked up some shear pins and hydrostatic drive fluid but are there any other wear parts I should stock?. I realize the transmission is hydrostatic but do need to see if the auger has a belt.

Compared to homeowners snowblowers, this thing is definitely commercial,. every control cable has rubber bellows to keep moisture out and every piece of steel is about twice as thick, not a lot of plastic on it. Despite being an 11 HP motor, its a pull start and starts up with one pull. I may swap the oil out for synthetic to make easy start in real cold weather. The carb bowl also has a connection for a drain hose which will make it nice to drain it.

The prior owner changed the oil twice a season, it was used on gravel so there is some wear in the blower section but it still looks like it has plenty of life left.

You might want to take a look at www.snowblowerform.com They have a forum just for Honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.