Honest or Dishonest craigslist ad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he should not describe it as being a cord..........
sell it for 112.50, that is what it is worth,,, it is only 96 cu. ft......not 128 cu. ft.....

that i believe is the ''forked tongue aspect''......

I guess he is being 'honestly dishonest'. If he'd just drop the word 'cord' out and say '$150 for two rows....' But at least if you read closely, you know what you're getting. Not like some joker that advertises a cord and shows up with your full wood delivery in his ford ranger pickup.

2) 18 inch wide stacks is only 36 inches wide... not 48" as it would need to be for it to be considered a true cord

I guess I would call it openly dishonest. He is selling it as a "cord". That is the only questionable part of the ad, and to me dishonest. To his credit he gives the full measurement of what you are getting. But he should call it what it is, 2/3 cord, 2 face cords or 96 cubic feet of wood.

Now with that said I would put the blame from anyone who buys it and complains on them self. FWIW full cords in this area go for mostly 150.

quoted from the add:

"Seasoned oak firewood, split and delivered for 150.00 cord, for two rows 4' (h) x 8' (l) average lenght of logs are 18".
1/2 cord, 75.00 two rows 2' (h) x 8' (L), 1/4 cord 45.00, two rows 2' (h) x 4' (L). E-mail me kb2tlb@xxxxxxxxx. "

What would concern me is the "Seasoned" part. Just looking at the pictures, that wood was cut not too long ago. Why do most folks just say seasoned to almost all wood? Just because it sounds good? Or to make a sale? To me it is nothing short of lying.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

'Seasoned' does seem to loose all meaning as soon as money enters the wood equation. When selling wood, the best definition for 'seasoned' seems to be 'it's been laying horizontal for at least a week'

If he's charging a unit measure of $150.00 per cord then each 4x8 row is $57.00, no ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.