Hookup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Hearth Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
Well today I made my first hookup with a small tree service while scrounging. It ended up I went to school with one of the guys. Well. I got a call from them this afternoon, they stashed a bucke tree for me just off the road. Hopefully it'll be there in the am. I told them I'll take whatever they cut. INCLUDING Pine.

That's a good hookup. You'll be happy that you did it. I'll be they'll get you more wood than you can take. As others have said, make sure you get it from them quickly. They have customers who want the wood GONE and if you let it sit around for a week, you'll look bad.

My relationship with my wood guy has progressed to the point that I can go to his yard, pick through what is there and cut it to length in his yard. I like the no mess. I'm careful not to take only the best wood, but I'll bet 90% is good, straight hardwoods. I'm looking forward to burning up my final nubs and cookies this fall. I had two big bins full of them!

I'll be there first thing in the am. I'll take whatever u can get. I'm trying to get myself and my dad ahead.

they called again today nice big OAK about 40 inch in diam... will pickup tommorrow...

so far they are working out well

Don't forget some beverages for the boys, whatever they may be. It goes a long way.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.