New Brunswick, Canada
  2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Michigan
    It would be nice to see the tree making a comeback. However, I am not a believer or follower of the genetic engineering. I personally would like to see it outlawed. Monsanto surely would not.

n3pro likes this.
  3. dougstove

dougstove
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 7, 2009
    Loc:
    New Brunswick, Canada
    The economics and politics of genetic engineering are unfortunate, and some of the Monsanto lawsuits are revolting.
    But losing the chestnuts was a massive blow to American forests.
    More generally, given a choice between neurotoxic pesticides, and genetically modified crops, I know which I prefer.

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Michigan
    But do the bees like the GM crops? What is the long term effect? Lots of unknowns.

5. osagebow

osagebow
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 29, 2012
    Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I don't mind seeing this used for the chestnut, and other applications including medicine. GMO bacteria can crank out insulin and other medicines cheaply. That said, I am very disturbed by monsanto. Unfortunately, most of us are already subjects in a long term study on gmo foods, and pesticide laced foods.

6. tigeroak

tigeroak
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 4, 2012
    Loc:
    kansas illinois
    I agree with osage. Did any of you here where Monsanto had a law slipped in that the people can not take them to court if any of their gmo make people sick or kill them. A country , can not remember which one it was , did a study on some of their gmo food on mice and they found after 3 generations they was sterile. Monsanto is the most evil company on the plant. That is the reason we grow about all our own food.