Horizontal install from back of the chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie73

Nov 27, 2009
Fleetwood, NY
www.myspace.com
Thank you all for your imput...not going to vent down into the basement now but I found someone who can drill a hole in the back of my fireplace and install the installation through there. I was wondering if anyone else done it this way and did you come across any problems.?? Thanks

(Breckwell Sonora Insert)

We've installed a couple of Harman Accentra Inserts in this manner & there have been no issues to date.
The MAIN premise for this method of installation is to alleviate the pressure on the combustion/exhaust blower.
Why blow the exhaust 15, 20 or 25 feet up a chimney when you can blow it 5 or 6 feet in a (mostly) horizontal plane...
The blower motor should last a whole lot longer....

Wow, what kind of kit did you use Daksy? I just cannot afford going up through the chimney right now. So horizontal is best then?

We currently use Excel (ICC) pellet vent, but in the past we used Simpson PV.
Not sure what kind of attachment you need off the rear of your insert.
The Harman's use a cradle for installation & the venting is rigidly attached to the cradle,
& the entire insert can be removed for servicing, leaving the cradle & venting in place...

Status
Not open for further replies.