Hose problems with Englander 25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy D

Mar 9, 2014
Pawtucket Rhode Island
Somewhat recently Englander switched the silicone hoses it used to use for their vacuum safety switches. They used to be orange and kind of thin (approx 3/8"). Now they are sending me these white silicone hoses that are approx .5" in dia. The problem is these hoses are terrible! They get cracked where they are coming from the small exhaust port to the safety switch as soon as 2 weeks. I have of course talked to the company and they say these new hoses are rated for the job and there must be a problem with my stove. Having gone through several troubleshooting sessions with the techs no problem is apparent. All I want is the old style hoses back as I have put an old one on and the problem has gone away.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find these hoses? As I said they are approx. 3/8" outside diameter and 1/4" inside diameter orange silicone hoses.

Thanks for your help!

Check with another manufacturer. The Enviro Windsor has a hose similar to what you describe. Scott should know of a good substitute.

Reactions: Mt Bob
when you install the hose to the stint on the exhaust port , only slip it on as far as it needs to stay there , sliding it all the way to the base causes too much heat buildup which could cause it to crack sooner. also understand that higher exhaust temps could be showing a buildup in the heat exchange areas of the stove. without a clean exchanger the stove cannot transfer as much heat to the convection chamber thus causing exhaust temps to rise. the white hoses we use today are rated to 600F. if you are burning them off that rapidly its not the hose , its something else.

if you are still fighting this after doing a deep cleaning let me know we may need to look at why the exhaust is running so hot

Status
Not open for further replies.