Q&A How can I get more heat from gas fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

My home is only 4-5 yrs old, and we have a gas fireplace. My question is (actually I have two), is their any way to make the flame larger to produce more heat? The pilot light is as high as it will go. And can you turn the pilot light off and remove the gas logs and replace them with real wood or Duraflame logs?

Answer:

You cannot adjust the flame higher than how it came at the factory. There may be a ho-lo valve on the gas control, and if so you can surely turn this up.

In 99% of cases, you cannot convert a gas fireplace to wood. Exception would only be if it was a wood unit in the first place and then converted to gas - this is highly doubtful in your case. --

Status
Not open for further replies.