How can I use a large stove in a smaller house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stoves do need parts every 6 or so years. Some are even worse. But some don't. Some go for a couple decades with nothing but a cleaning and a door gasket. Same with cars. Look at the difference in frequency of repair between a Ford Taurus and a Honda Accord.

New, old whatever. My old stove needed a new baffle plate every few years. Gaskets every year etc. My new stove will need new baffle panels every few years. Gaskets every year etc.

The only difference is that those ceramic panels, which are deteriorating after a season and a half by the way, can't be whipped up at the local iron works like the old ones were. I have to contribute to Mike Holton's profit sharing plan for new ones.

Jags said:
Welcome to the sites "enlightenment" program. ;-)

Its only a 300 step process.

And it's only taken me 9 months to get to step 16. :smirk: Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.