How did we get here, where are we going? It's all hands on deck!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:

THis video is right on the money,one of the solutions coincides with my post "Are we fooling ourselves with the whole green thing" If we dont get a handle on population growth no amount of green living will save us. Probably population will only decline if forced to from pestilence,starvation, disease, or natural disaster and not from human intervention.

Isnt it funny how some peoples glasses are half EMPTY and others can be half FULL. So whats the difference and which one are you gonna pic/dwell on?

The population thing is something we cant do anything about anyway so i dont waste time worrying about it, i do think we will all have to deal with its consequences and have to live with less consumption in the future so may as well get used to it now and save some dough to boot. A combination of solar and wood works for me with coal in the interim,to each his own. Rather that strive to have the best of everything i rather make the best of everything i already have.

Love the video BeGreen, I just wished I'd found it after I sucked down my coffee. You know, that super expensive kona bean that I got hooked on in college, probably came to my house on an airplane....I've got a long way to go.

It says it all. Either we do or we don't. I'm guessing we don't. A bipartisain budget committee in congress is about to get lynched for suggesting everyone pitch in to save our currency.

BeGreen said:
Too late. Our currency has already been pitched. And congress can't do a damn thing about it unless they dissolve the Fed.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/62973/

Those here on this website are on the right track as far as providing themselves with necessities,such as home heat,and other things without depending on society as a whole to deliver it to them.
AS i said many times before the Amish people here in Pa would fare quite well in the event of economic collapse as they depend on very little on the outside world for their necessities of life. Most are farming providing their own food and some do not even have electric service in their homes using gas lighting. We can all benefit from learning their lifestyle and incorporating a little of it into our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.