how do i change the catalytic on Grizzly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

Feb 17, 2013
Hoping someone here can help as I cannot get my hands on a manual.

We recently purchased a home built in 96 which has a Derco Grizzly insert. It works GREAT, but recently seems to be performing worse and worse.

The catalytice converter may need to be replaced, but it appears to be held in place by a cover which have 4 brackets holding it in place. These brackets do not seem to move, and I do not want to damage anything by trying to force it. So, I thought I would ask here first.

Recently, one of these brackets that holds this in place came off today too. It appears it was welded on, but that would prevent changing the catalytic converter. Any information would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.