Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radarblip

radarblip

Oct 12, 2008
    Loc:
    South PA (Apple Country!)
    Woodshedders:
    Just started cutting up 49 acres of pushed over apple trees courtesy of my employer. These trees are about 2 miles from my house. Fifty other people are also cutting trees, some people are cutting off all the limb wood and trunking the trees, leaving the limb wood. My gasifier loves limb wood, I don't have to split 4"-5" rounds. Gotta love it!! :)
    Cheers
    Bob

Attached Files:

2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa
    Minister of Fire

Nov 9, 2008
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    UGH! Dirty wood. Murder on chains.

3. savageactor7

savageactor7
    Minister of Fire

Jan 25, 2008
    Loc:
    CNY
    Excellent wood but tough to make good production...here that would call for the 16" saw. I would grab all of that I could.

4. jadm

jadm

Dec 31, 2007
    Loc:
    colorado
    The twigs off of the limbs make great kindling. We trimmed our maples a couple of years ago and the twigs I salvaged kept us in kindling the whole winter. Now I have to scrounge around for some for next winter.

5. JerseyWreckDiver

JerseyWreckDiver

Nov 28, 2008
    Loc:
    North/West New Jersey
    49 acres? Another 300 year old farm about to become a Chinamart or a Garbage Depot?

6. radarblip

radarblip

Oct 12, 2008
    Loc:
    South PA (Apple Country!)
    No.... It's going to be a spray field for fruit processing waste water(My closest Walmart is about 20 minutes away, too close for comfort actually...
    Bob

7. Duetech

Duetech
    Minister of Fire

Sep 15, 2008
    Loc:
    S/W MI
    Great source for btu's. Great turn around that seems a little labor intense but some of that apple is tough to split even with a hydraulic splitter. Go for the straight trunks when you go for splitting stuff. I wish it were free and only two miles from me.

8. f3cbboy

f3cbboy
    Feeling the Heat

Jan 19, 2009
    Loc:
    rockland county, NY
    its wood - its free - its 2 miles from the house - good score. scroungers dream!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.