How do ya like these apples?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radarblip

Oct 12, 2008
South PA (Apple Country!)
Woodshedders:
Just started cutting up 49 acres of pushed over apple trees courtesy of my employer. These trees are about 2 miles from my house. Fifty other people are also cutting trees, some people are cutting off all the limb wood and trunking the trees, leaving the limb wood. My gasifier loves limb wood, I don't have to split 4"-5" rounds. Gotta love it!! :)
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• DSCF0095-1.JPG
    DSCF0095-1.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCF0096-1.JPG
    DSCF0096-1.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 587
UGH! Dirty wood. Murder on chains.

Excellent wood but tough to make good production...here that would call for the 16" saw. I would grab all of that I could.

The twigs off of the limbs make great kindling. We trimmed our maples a couple of years ago and the twigs I salvaged kept us in kindling the whole winter. Now I have to scrounge around for some for next winter.

49 acres? Another 300 year old farm about to become a Chinamart or a Garbage Depot?

JerseyWreckDiver said:
49 acres? Another 300 year old farm about to become a Chinamart or a Garbage Depot?
No.... It's going to be a spray field for fruit processing waste water(My closest Walmart is about 20 minutes away, too close for comfort actually...
Bob

Great source for btu's. Great turn around that seems a little labor intense but some of that apple is tough to split even with a hydraulic splitter. Go for the straight trunks when you go for splitting stuff. I wish it were free and only two miles from me.

its wood - its free - its 2 miles from the house - good score. scroungers dream!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.