how does the p61 put out huge btu vs the p38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly

Dec 27, 2013
rockwood
I have just purchased a p61 and have had a p38 , I only made the change because of the increased btu and I had run the p38 moderately instead of always trying to overheat and thought maybe the answer is a larger btu output and run it moderately instead . the question is how does the slightly larger body 1 to 2" in length and width produce almost double the output . is the difference in the burn pot ? I notice all other running gear is the same blowers , so how are they achieving the increase .thanks

I think the burnpot is larger which obviously would hold more pellets..
It's Monster heat and I only run it half way on blower speed at room temp/ 72 degrees..
don't want to melt the walls...

damn..
how did I Forget LARGER heat exchanger...
thanks for the replies , I have been using the p38 in the cottage since fall and it works fine but its limited when I enter and the temp is low and I try to bring it up to 70 or so to work , its only a 900 sq ft but is cathedral and a full basement and I suspect the stove will labor where the p61 will at half at say 40 k be more effective

thanks for the replies , I have been using the p38 in the cottage since fall and it works fine but its limited when I enter and the temp is low and I try to bring it up to 70 or so to work , its only a 900 sq ft but is cathedral and a full basement and I suspect the stove will labor where the p61 will at half at say 40 k be more effective
just picked the unit up and question is , the back of the stove says p61-2 I know theres a p61 and an A what is with the -2 thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.