how good are o'malleys?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Birdie Golf

hey guys had to create a new account for some reason, used to go by name HEMI....anyways im looking to get another ton and my local guy stopped selling lignetics this year, he claims the o'malleys are better product now, selling for 280......seems to be the average price in this area for a good pellet...any thoughts on this brand would be appreciated thanks

hey guys had to create a new account for some reason, used to go by name HEMI....anyways im looking to get another ton and my local guy stopped selling lignetics this year, he claims the o'malleys are better product now, selling for 280......seems to be the average price in this area for a good pellet...any thoughts on this brand would be appreciated thanks

I've never burned them but from what I read on here most think of them as ok shoulder season at best and $280 seems kind of high.

I've tried the Power Pellets which are the same pellets as the O'Malley's but different bag. They don't burn as hot as the Lignetics, but don't leave as much black ash as the Lignetics in the burnpot.

$280?!!!!! ouch....they are selling those around here for $210......Never tried them but I believe they are an average pellet......don't think I'd personally ever pay even close to that $280 a ton for them, unless nothing else is available to you.

Reactions: will711
thanks guys...280 is the average for a good pellet around here in CT......wasnt that impressed with this years stove chow, some of the bags were a dark pellet which burned great but most of the others were a lighter colored pellet and were horrible, ill try a few bags but in the mean time ill burn the oakis

BT in Bristol has them for $250 a ton. I've been thinking about trying them, but I've been very pleased with the EasyBlaze I bought from BT at $245 a ton.

BT in Bristol has them for $250 a ton. I've been thinking about trying them, but I've been very pleased with the EasyBlaze I bought from BT at $245 a ton.
yes i saw that......been trying to lessen the travel for pick up... BT is about 20 minute drive, 35 on the way back with a truck load, but might have to go back to BT

They are $188.00/ton here in Maryland.

I wouldn't consider them a premium pellet.

They are $188.00/ton here in Maryland.

I wouldn't consider them a premium pellet.
I burn them all the time. Decent imho . They seem to burn clean in my stove. I just picked up a ton at Ace in Pasadena Md for $190 ==c I tried 3 bags of Hamers and I found them to burn dirty.not worth $55 more a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.