How I build my wood racks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a coworker I lure out with beer and give him some gloves to use while holding the posts. We are all clay and glacial till here but a sledge while standing on the 10 ft step ladder drives the 8 footers.

I do the same thing Flatbed does with the addition of rope half way up each stack to keep the end pallets from splaying out. (during these years when it rains practically every day all summer and the ground turns to mush)
Glad I top covered when I did...

I just cross stack. Every two pallets I put in a cross stack, I have one row that is about 70 feet. What is nice about this is that I can take out a section of wood and is still standing for a refill. I find it is not time consuming, I just keep an eye out for some nice square or even sized splits that will be good on a cross stack and it takes no time at all. If you make sure it is straight or slightly leaning inwards I have never had an issue. I found it can also be eye appealing, I will attach a picture of my recent deck loading soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.