How information from this site helped me.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I had a 25pdvc dropped off for some service work with a born on date of 7-06. I am familiar with the unit but I am no Mike Holton or Pete. I did a regular cleaning of the unit, it needed it. I fired it back up and it was not running right. I am familiar with the control board and did some looking in that direction. I could not remember what the numbers meant. I called England's Stove works and was on hold longer than I felt I needed to be, I understand they are busy also. I went to HEARTH.COM and did a search. I found a post by Pete and "I saw the light". The cleaning and button pushing worked.

I hate to think this but I know the customer was looking to buy a Heatilator to replace this but I think this unit is working very well and might last a few more years. I did not need that bullet that I shot my foot with.

Eric

Because you were so honest with him, I'm sure it will be registered when he decides on the new unit that will replace that stove. Kudo's to you for being straight up!

j-takeman said:
Because you were so honest with him, I'm sure it will be registered when he decides on the new unit that will replace that stove. Kudo's to you for being straight up!

+1 Being straight up with me, gets a life long customer!!

dw06 said:
j-takeman said:

+1 Being straight up with me, gets a life long customer!!

Same here.

thanks for the fix er up Eric, sorry about the hold time man, i havent filled out the service shop yet , most of my guys are still turning out stoves, heck im not back in the office yet , i got a lot of testing to do in my lab yet this fall and very little time to get it done. if it gets too busy and you need a quicky answer i'll see if i can come up with a way to get you taken care of if i can come up with somthing.

as for the bullet in the foot, i agree with the poster above , by taking care of MY customer YOU now have a customer for as long as he/she wants to burn pellets. hats off bro, its dealers like you that give the industry a good name. let me know if i can help you out in the future

EDIT: check your PM eric

This is what I love about this forum. 2 people in the stove business, having respect for each other and are willing to help each other out......it doesn't get better than this.

IMO, Mike and Eric are 2 of the top class acts on this forum, and in the stove business. We are VERY lucky to have them.

Thanks guys!!!

I guess you'll have to hope that because of the good service you have provided that he'll be back when in fact it is time to upgrade.

pen

Mike, got the PM. I am in no way saying anything about my hold time other than it was longer than what I could spend. I went to Hearth.com and found the info I needed. If people take the time to look I think "almost" every question known to man and woman is here in one form or another. This is an awesome tool.

About time to shut the store down and spend some time with the kids.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.