how is a Drolet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbjaeger

Sep 3, 2008
minnesota
Northern Tool and equipment sells Drolet stoves. They are very reasonably priced.
Does anyone know anything about them? We need a big stove and they have one for $1100.

Thanks!
RBJ

rbjaeger said:
Northern Tool and equipment sells Drolet stoves. They are very reasonably priced.
Does anyone know anything about them? We need a big stove and they have one for $1100.

Thanks!
RBJ

My friend has one, if you look at the customer reviews on the northern tool website, he actually wrote one of them. He's very happy with it. I think the stove is probably very similar (in looks and performance) to the Englander NL-30. The NL-30 can be found for a lower price then the Drolet however, so I'd personally go with that one if I was looking to buy a value stove today, plus Englander reportedly has great customer service. And technically the specs are probably SLIGHTLY better with the NL30 (very big firebox size and low EPA emissions). I know overstockstoves last year was selling the NL-30 for $800 including shipping, and no tax, but I suspect that deal may be gone forever, their site just says 'out of stock'.

My father has the Drolet Adirondack, and it works well.
They're built very heavy, so make sure you have a helper or 2 if you decide to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.