How is poplar for burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced that most of you are talking about species such as quaking aspen, hybrid polars, willows, basswood, cottonwood, etc. Yes i agree they arent worth much as firewood. However, the TULIP trees on my property in NE ohio are a dream to cut and split. Very few branches, tall straight trunks. And it seems to burn pretty much the same as soft maple, ash, and cherry. No it is not hard maple, oak, beech, or hickory but I would take all of the tulip polar that I could get.

I wouldnt bother with it if I had a lot of free hardwood choices. But if its the only free wood knocking at your door Id getoffmyass and bring it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.