How late in the season have you burned??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobforsaken said:
GAMMA RAY said:
I am curious to see how late in the season all of you guys have burned....Let's see who wins......Spill it burners....June....July????
Spill it....I call early June....I know there are some die hards out there....
No fibbers....
By the way that pill bottle on top of my parrot's head is really there...he can balance it on top of his head...My husband said I was stupid for putting that as my avatar but he really sits and keeps it on his head...I can't tell you what else he does with it.....use your imagination...men.....he is a boy bird...

I started burning this July.... and haven't stopped yet.. I've had at least 2 or 3 fires a week late last summer... So maybe I can win the contest of the EARLIEST..

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/57141/P22/

But this summer was a good one . . . nice and warm . . . actually felt as though I got my money's worth out of the pool.

What constitutes "the season"?

firefighterjake said:
Bobforsaken said:
GAMMA RAY said:
I am curious to see how late in the season all of you guys have burned....Let's see who wins......Spill it burners....June....July????
No fibbers....
By the way that pill bottle on top of my parrot's head is really there...he can balance it on top of his head...My husband said I was stupid for putting that as my avatar but he really sits and keeps it on his head...I can't tell you what else he does with it.....use your imagination...men.....he is a boy bird...

I started burning this July.... and haven't stopped yet.. I've had at least 2 or 3 fires a week late last summer... So maybe I can win the contest of the EARLIEST..

But this summer was a good one . . . nice and warm . . . actually felt as though I got my money's worth out of the pool.

It was a good one.. but I had plenty of junk wood and two stoves over the course of 3 months to play with... Had to make sure I could get the overnight burns, ya know.. :) If I have enough junk wood I may keep burning some summer nights this year. In maine its so nice and cool at night, that keeping the window open keeps it a reasonable temp inside... and the stove really sucks in that cold air so it helps to replace the stagnant warm air from the day. At least.. that is what I told my wife when she shot me dirty looks.

Bobforsaken said:
firefighterjake said:
Bobforsaken said:
GAMMA RAY said:
No fibbers....

It was a good one.. but I had plenty of junk wood and two stoves over the course of 3 months to play with... Had to make sure I could get the overnight burns, ya know.. :) If I have enough junk wood I may keep burning some summer nights this year. In maine its so nice and cool at night, that keeping the window open keeps it a reasonable temp inside... and the stove really sucks in that cold air so it helps to replace the stagnant warm air from the day. At least.. that is what I told my wife when she shot me dirty looks.

"Honest Hon . . . I'm not playing with the woodstove . . . I'm setting up a draft to suck the hot air out of the house which will then be replaced by cool air."

I don't think my wife would buy it either . . . on the flip side . . . it doesn't hurt to play with the stove in the warmer months to get used to how it works before you really need the heat . . . plus it's nice to get it broke in when you can leave the windows open to disperse the smell.

Bobforsaken said:

You beat me. You had more fires in a week last summer than I have all year.

Good one Firefighterjake,,,That's one the husband would use. You would not believe the crap he tries to make me believe....Husbands!!!!

GAMMA RAY said:
Good one Firefighterjake,,,That's one the husband would use. You would not believe the crap he tries to make me believe....Husbands!!!!

Problem is . . . my wife is smarter than me . . . and usually sees right through my excuses or reasoning. ;)

Yeah, I see right through him too.....I have to wonder, I believe he thinks the peroxide (from all the years of having my hair dyed blonde) has fried my brain...Nope, not yet.... :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
Yeah, I see right through him too.....I have to wonder, I believe he thinks the peroxide (from all the years of having my hair dyed blonde) has fried my brain...Nope, not yet.... :lol:

Just do a bunch of whipits, that will get you there faster ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.