How many 30 NC owners utilize the blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
We had a blower on the 13 and used it.
The 30 came with a blower but I am not sure if we would really need to use it.
I am guessing, just install it and try it out? We can always just leave if off.
I thought I read something here somewhere about the blower on the 30 and some do not use it for a reason. The reason I can not remember and can't find the thread.
We had a box fan on the floor blowing into the stove room last year as well as using all the celing fans in the house and that did a great job circulating the heat. So I wonder how much of a difference it would be without the blower.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

GAMMA RAY said:
We had a blower on the 13 and used it.
The 30 came with a blower but I am not sure if we would really need to use it.
I am guessing, just install it and try it out? We can always just leave if off.
I thought I read something here somewhere about the blower on the 30 and some do not use it for a reason. The reason I can not remember and can't find the thread.
We had a box fan on the floor blowing into the stove room last year as well as using all the celing fans in the house and that did a great job circulating the heat. So I wonder how much of a difference it would be without the blower.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Gamma Ray,
Personally I dislike strong radiant heat as I feel "cooked" by it.. This is why I prefer convection stoves as they provide warm air and some radiant but to a lesser extent.. That being said I don't know if your Englander would be a convection stove with a blower or simply a stove with a blower.. Does your stove have side/top panels that create an air channel as this would lend itself to convection? If so then yes if you prefer convection.. I ran a blower on my CDW for over 20 years and was able to sit in the room with the stove without that baked feeling.. If you have a blower why not try it and see how it works for you? Let us know what you think when you do and any difference it makes..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.