How many takers for this CL ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabegreener

Hearth Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
Southern NH
This is from a mixed CL ad. One of the thing this person is selling is firewood - well, if you want to call it firewood.

Firewood….for only $35 per cord, on a cut-your-own basis. Access is easy, for anyone with a chain saw and a pickup truck. This is a nice opportunity to "get outdoor exercise," (without paying "fit center" fees), while saving up to $300 per cord....and there are several cords available. Various hard and soft woods, which are still “standing,†will be available, on a pre-designated/pre-determined basis, for only $35/cord. All access is easy and convenient.

Wow, I can save $300 per cord by doing all of the work myself. All I have to pay him is $35. Oh - wait a minute - I can get all hardwood delivered cut and split and sometimes stacked for $200 or less per cord. Not sure how he came up with a price of $335 per cord. If I had to pay $335 per cord, I would burn oil.

He also gets his trees cut down and you have to pay him.

Not sure he will get many takers.

Another guy is trying to sell 7 silver maples that are down, but not bucked or cut up for $400. This is his second post so I'll assume no takers. Wonder why?

lol no concept! Theres a white oak down the street they want 500.00 for it. Its been there 6 months now! lol Idiots with greed should all work out for them in the end.

wannabegreener said:
Smokin - in another 6 months the price of that white oak will go up to $750 since it will be seasoned. :lol:

Measurments should bring it in at 2 cords. Seasoned stacked for 3 years its worth 325-400 delivered! %-P Saw mills will dont touch it!

smokinjay said:
wannabegreener said:
Smokin - in another 6 months the price of that white oak will go up to $750 since it will be seasoned. :lol:

Measurments should bring it in at 2 cords. Seasoned stacked for 3 years its worth 325-400 delivered! %-P Saw mills will dont touch it!

Smokin - I was trying to say that the CL poster will think it is worth more because he will consider it 'seasoned'. We all now that it doesn't begin to dry until it is cut and stacked. So, he will get no takers this year and then when he posts the same tree next year, he will consider it seasoned and will ask for more. He will won't get any takers.

Milwaukee cl today, guy has big cotton wood in way of new pool . wants some one to pay him to take down and remove it. Had to dry out my key board after reading that one.

this is from the Raleigh CL free section:

Lots of Trees (Youngsville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-05-16, 12:58AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need someone to clear a lot! It's roughly an acre! There is a house present! Payment will be the wood from trees! Over 30 pines and maybe 100 oak and poplar! The debris (limbs) can be left behind as long as they are taken to back of lot! Need this done a.s.a.p.. Job good for small logging or furniture company! Liability insurance preferred! Only serious inquiries please! Pictures upon request!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2383503136

I dont think people get it....

wannabegreener said:
smokinjay said:
wannabegreener said:

Smokin - I was trying to say that the CL poster will think it is worth more because he will consider it 'seasoned'. We all now that it doesn't begin to dry until it is cut and stacked. So, he will get no takers this year and then when he posts the same tree next year, he will consider it seasoned and will ask for more. He will won't get any takers.

lol I know just putty a figure on it,(makes me laugh harder) :lol: and its a lot worse than we really could put are heads around... :lol: Move that stuff two times and 3 years to lose 75.00 bucks and the gas up front! Oh and these people really think there going to get it. 40 inch at the small end. My 460 would have a very hard time with it. Its my favorite way to get to places anymore drive by and laugh. Really need to get a pic and hang it above the grinding station.

There not a tree company that would take it for less than 500.00......At-least 18-25 man hours with a 660 and splitter crew. ;-)

smokinjay said:
There not a tree company that would take it for less than 500.00......

When my FIL passed away, he had a single axle International with a big Prentice grapple loader on it I considered keeping for that purpose. GVWR was one pound under CDL but my insurance company nixed it.

Attachments

• log truck.jpg
    log truck.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 248
SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:
There not a tree company that would take it for less than 500.00......

When my FIL passed away, he had a single axle International with a big Prentice grapple loader on it I considered keeping for that purpose. GVWR was one pound under CDL but my insurance company nixed it.

Nice still would NOT pay him 500.00 but NICE! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.