1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How many thermometers do you have?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by BrianN, Nov 28, 2013.

1. BrianN

BrianN Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Central BC
    It was mentioned to me the other day, that along with my addiction to wood, and wood burning, I may have an addiction for thermometers (room thermometers).
    At the moment, I only have 4 working thermometers in the house, and another 3 outside.
    I told my wife that I would like more. I'd like to have one (accurate) one in each room that we regularly use. Just to see how the air flows, and to be able to move air to the rooms that need more heat, or cooling.
    Right now, the four I have in the house, if you put them beside each other, they could be up to 5::C out from each other.
    So? Any one else like me?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Hmmm prolly too many. There's 2 in the greenhouse, one on the rooftop weather station, a few in the house, a remote wireless one in the garage and one on the thermostat. Oh, and an IR thermometer, one on the stove and one in the flue. If I find more than a couple degrees difference I usually chuck the suspect thermometer. Even our old Sandhill is accurate within 5 degrees @500F.
  3. Retired Guy

Retired Guy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cape Vincent, NY
    I'd just like for two of them to read the same - guess I need to get one more and average
  4. woodgeek

woodgeek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    I have a good wireless indoor/outdoor.....and an IR that is good for measuring EVERYTHING.
  5. My Oslo heats my home

My Oslo heats my home Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    wow, some of you guys have them everywhere.
    I have a weather station, for indoor and outdoor temps. A stove top and flue therm.
    and the one on the thermostat itself.