HOW MUCH IS MY BIOMASS 60 WORTH ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Considering selling my biomass 60 to finance an attorny for a divorce. Any ideas what a fair asking price would be ? See signiture for installation date. Lower refractory due to be replaced.

i am not an expert by any means. But if i was looking i might give you half of what you paid? What kind of hassle to move? seems early to replace refractory?

Also, she wouldn't fill the boiler? Is that reason to divorce her? Sorry, bad humor. Good Luck with everything.

Bad humor is better than no humor. Thought it was kinda funny. Been burning year round but yes does seem a little early. Not that big of deal to get out of shed and on a truck.

Sorry to hear this WM. Hate to hear of your breakup and that I won't be able to pull from your experience of tuning a 60 BioMass like mine when I add storage. Geeez where we gonna find someone who will build cabins from their firewood? Bummer all around. You selling the house also, because I would think it would add to it's value. Bummer. Guess I need to start asking questions soon.

Looks like I will probably have to sell the house to pay her off. Depends on whos buying the house as to if it adds any value. There is no wood lot that comes with the house. I need some quick money and am running out of things to sell. I will still visit here on occasion so I'd be happy to help you if I can.

This looks like ~$8k new? What is the lower refractory cost?

Would you be looking to sell your storage setup too?

I'm "interested".

ac

Don't Know if I want to go threw the hassle it would be to get the tanks out of the shed. I would have to remove a wall and there would be cellouse insulation every where. Depends on what I could get for them I guess. Around $160 plus shiping to replace lower refractory including new door plate. The nozzle will also need replaced in the not to distant future. I think about $100 for that. I'm going to check and see if they are covered by warrenty or not. It will probably be a week or two before I decide for sure weather to sell or not. Just wanting to get an idea of value for now.

WM, I don't know why I can't seem to find how to PM here anymore.

Thanks...

Looks like I may be able to keep the house. It's kinda day by day right now so time will tell. Im not going to sell it if I can keep the house. I ordered and recieved new refractory and nozzle for it but havn't put it in yet. Been extreamly buisy with work and and other things. New horrizon give me the parts at 50% off, but shipping was $90.00
They were suppost to call before delievery and didn't. Luckly I was at home grabbing a few tools when the truck came. Had I not been here I don't think the driver would have been able or allowed to unload it. Actually have run the heat a little the last couple nights. Happy burning to all. J.T.

Looks like I may be able to keep the house. It's kinda day by day right now so time will tell. Im not going to sell it if I can keep the house. I ordered and recieved new refractory and nozzle for it but havn't put it in yet. Been extreamly buisy with work and and other things. New horrizon give me the parts at 50% off, but shipping was $90.00
They were suppost to call before delievery and didn't. Luckly I was at home grabbing a few tools when the truck came. Had I not been here I don't think the driver would have been able or allowed to unload it. Actually have run the heat a little the last couple nights. Happy burning to all. J.T.
good news...hang in there

good news...hang in there
Ditto. Make sure the numbers work for keeping it yourself. You don't want it to be a burden.

Zenon from new horrizon said the new refractory is a better grade made here in the USA !! Hopefully it will last a little longer ? The numbers for keeping the house work out pretty good. I have a lot of work in it and it appraisses pretty low due to a few things that need finished up. there is a little equity so .....

Zenon from new horrizon said the new refractory is a better grade made here in the USA !! Hopefully it will last a little longer ? The numbers for keeping the house work out pretty good. I have a lot of work in it and it appraisses pretty low due to a few things that need finished up. there is a little equity so .....
Great. Just hear of so many divorced folk that try to keep what they paid for with two.. while only being one. It doesn't end well. Too many friends have tried that.

JP

Great. Just hear of so many divorced folk that try to keep what they paid for with two.. while only being one. It doesn't end well. Too many friends have tried that.

JP

I've allways been the bread winner and the payment is pretty low. Cheaper than I could rent so should be ok. The problem is it's in both our names and neither one of us can refinance it right now. The boiler is pretty much the only heat so she can't / won't heat it. Therefore She either lets me have it and I pay half the equitey in it to her if i'm lucky, or she makes me sell it.

I've seen on tv how there's a TON of people in that same spot. Most are even worse than your scenario. They are underwater in their homes.. and end up still living in the same house because they can't stroke the checks to get it sold.

Hope it all works out for you. It's always darkest before the dawn. Keep your chin up.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.