how much space around a Tarm Solo 90?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Hearth Supporter
Jul 7, 2008
Western MA
www.penfrydd.com
Finally have time to install the Tarm. Aside from safe clearance distances listed in the manual, how much space is convenient to plan on leaving in front, sides, and back? I've got the room, so space is not a big issue.

If you meet the spec's in the book you should be good to go. You should really only need to "regularly" access it from the front. Everything else is maintenance only. At least this is the way the EKO is setup. I can't imagine the Tarm being much different...

leave plenty of room around one side - three feet if you've got it - for easy access to cleaning boiler tubes. This should also give you plenty of room to get to the back of the boiler should you ever need to replace your chimney pipe.

good luck!

Chris

Assuming it is similar to the Solo 40, front: plenty of room to load wood, clean ashes, etc.; rear: room to access circ, valves, flue, etc. for cleaning and service; one side: may be as close to combustibles as mfr states; other side: if this is open to boiler room space, great, as this will allow easy access and room to clean the boiler tubes (this could be done from the rear although with some difficulty).

I still feel the excitement/anxiety the first time I fired my Tarm - and it worked! Will be starting my 3rd heating season this Sept, and could not be more satisfied.

It is a 40; not a 90, of course. In these digital times, there are more numbers floating around my head than can be imagined...

Thanks for the good advice. Given my level of slothfulness, I expect to be ready to fire by mid-Sept. I'll start on the chimney this weekend, after figuring just where the tank will end.

penfrydd

penfrydd said:
Given my level of slothfulness, I expect to be ready to fire by mid-Sept. I'll start on the chimney this weekend, after figuring just where the tank will end.

penfrydd

Hah....I had this same thought almost exactly one year ago when I brought my EKO 40 home. I figured I'd be ready to rock by October. My first full day of heating was December 31st!!!! The plumbing took much longer than I thought it would....and I was by no means dragging my feet. But good luck with your September goal. Let us know how you make out!

Status
Not open for further replies.