How often to clean Piazzetta Monia?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

709GADE

Jun 26, 2014
Pasadena, NL, Canada
Hi, just wondering how often I should clean out the ash, etc out of my Piazzetta Monia based on the following; usually run about 6-8 hrs per day, pellets burn clean (very little ash), and glass is rather clean. Only asking because the manual says to vacuum out ash and clean glass daily.

Thanks

Hi, just wondering how often I should clean out the ash, etc out of my Piazzetta Monia based on the following; usually run about 6-8 hrs per day, pellets burn clean (very little ash), and glass is rather clean. Only asking because the manual says to vacuum out ash and clean glass daily.

Thanks
You empty the ash pan and wipe the glass as often as you like. A lot depends upon the pellets you burn. DF has far less ash, and you could go days. Other pellets could be daily.

The more important thing is to give the fire pot a scrape every day, until you get a sense of whether you can run longer between scrapings.

No way Jose'.
Every day like the manual says. That way you stop blocking in hard to reach places from developing.

I now have a P962 and I clean it every 4 to 5 days and there is nothing going wrong whit the stove. Off course I also clean my baffle every month and the chimney every pallet well more like every 60 bags. Some time when I open the stove door ash will spill on the floor and still, no black in the window and the grate is empty.

I will repeat it, the stove run great only when it is adjusted properly. If you buy a Piazzetta and have no one to start it up for you and adjust it properly in your house, you will not be satisfied. and once adjusted they are better then most off the pellets stove.

I will repeat it, the stove run great only when it is adjusted properly. If you buy a Piazzetta and have no one to start it up for you and adjust it properly in your house, you will not be satisfied. and once adjusted they are better then most off the pellets stove.
I have to 2nd what Pascal just said. If your stove has factory settings, then some pellets will burn okay, and others will not. If you've optimized/customized your settings on your stove for your specific site and location in your home, then all the pellets I've tried will burn fine. I sometimes wonder when people get different results with the same pellets whether part of the difference in experience is due to whether the stove is tuned properly. I mean, if I buy a pallet of new or different pellets, I'll check with my manometer, besides my visual check, to make sure it's burning efficiently.

I will add to this, last year when I got my Monia, I was cleaning exactly as the manual said, every day glass and ash, once a week baffle. I was burning really low grade pellets from the big box stores. This year I switched to La Crete softwoods, I also invested in a Manometer and adjusted the air on the stove. Now I only vacuum and scrape every 2-3 bags and do the baffle plate 2 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.