How to change baffle on Waterford Leprechaun?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishsweep

Nov 26, 2014
Eugene, OR
Hello all!
I am working on a Waterford Leprachaun, trying to change the underside part of the baffle. I found a manual that pics that looks like it, at; http://www.regency-fire.com/RegencyFireplaces/media/PDFs/Manuals-old/Leprechaun.pdf

There they call the stove a LEPRECHAUN 90 O.S.A. WOOD BURNING STOVE

The "Lower side of baffle plate", as they call it, is wider than the fire bricks, so it looks like they have to come out, to drop the baffle plate down. True?

And it looks like we may have to take out the bottom bricks, to get the side ones out.?

Thanks a lot!

I have a Waterford Trinity Mk II which was also tricky to remove the Baffle. I had to remove the lower fire bricks and then elevated the side bricks and pulled the front of the fire brick towards the center of the stove. This was easy to do once I figured it out. I would recommend removing the top of the stove and replacing the gasket rope that seals it. Over time my stove began to leak a little smoke which this corrected the problem. If you remove the stove top you will notice a lot of creosote which I was able to clean up with a wire brush. The stove burns beautifully now. Hope this may help since most of there stoves seem to be constructed the same.

I have a Waterford Trinity Mk II which was also tricky to remove the Baffle. I had to remove the lower fire bricks and then elevated the side bricks and pulled the front of the fire brick towards the center of the stove. This was easy to do once I figured it out. I would recommend removing the top of the stove and replacing the gasket rope that seals it. Over time my stove began to leak a little smoke which this corrected the problem. If you remove the stove top you will notice a lot of creosote which I was able to clean up with a wire brush. The stove burns beautifully now. Hope this may help since most of there stoves seem to be constructed the same.

Thanks, but it looks like these two stoves are very different; yours having two doors, to start with.
I think it's time to pull the firebricks and see what happens.

Thanks, but it looks like these two stoves are very different; yours having two doors, to start with.
I think it's time to pull the firebricks and see what happens.
Even though they are different in many ways, I have found that when I removed the fire brick and also the top of the stove I had a lot more room to access and work on it. Let me know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.