How to eliminate "GHOST FLOWS"?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huskers said:
Sounds great, I will just put them on the return side. Don is your storage connected differently now? I saw your response in a post last January to Huffdawg system and you mentioned you eliminated the 4 way valve but the new diagram of your system shows a 4 way valve on the storage. Did you have a 4 way valve somewhere else? Where did you find the 4 way and what are the specs on it? With only 1 set of existing taps on my tanks I am looking to go that route instead of separate charging and discharging loops connected to the primary loop. Does the valve have limit switches that verify it is fully switched over to either the charging or discharging position? If I can't find a 4 way valve I may have to use two 3 ways or something similiar with zone valves and checks.

I use a one inch Danfoss esbe 4 way valve to control the direction of flow to/from my storage tank. This also requires a esbe motor if you want to do the switch over automatically.
This method works very well.

See here -> http://www.danfoss.com/North_Americ...-MG/05a3144f-61d7-4d71-881c-70ef54edb0b6.html

Another 4 way valve was once used to provide low temp boiler protection, but that has been removed. I now provide low temp boiler protection by controlling the flow in the Primary loop.

If you have any difficulty finding a 4way valve contact me via private email. I have a used 1 1/4" and a few new 1" Danfoss esbe 4way valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.