1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

How to hook up chimney liner?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by smokey_pelletstove, Dec 14, 2012.

1. smokey_pelletstove

smokey_pelletstove New Member

Do I need another part to secure the flexible pipe to the storm collar? There are some holes in the storm collar.

Also, what's the best way to bring the pipe up through the chimney? Thanks. Pipe.jpg roof1.jpg roof2.jpg roof3.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Never having done this myself, but wouldn't it be easiest to put the pipe in the chimney for th top down??
  3. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    That is one homemade mess. Usually the liner goes through the top plate and the cap holds the liner in place.

Eric
  4. chimneylinerjames

chimneylinerjames Feeling the Heat

Well said. Start over using the right parts. If the liner is in decent shape, use it. But get the proper top plate and rain cap and a tee or appliance connector. It will just make the entire job go easier and it will be done right.
  5. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    The liner kit should have come with some type of instructions. I have never seen any kit like that. Good luck!
  6. smokey_pelletstove

smokey_pelletstove New Member

It's a bit of a mess, agreed - but it's what came with the house and nobody has any parts around here...so managed to drop the liner down the chimney and secure it to the top hubcap - may need your advice again!

Really appreciate this forum - learned a lot.
    Eatonpcat likes this.