HOW TO REALLY STREACH YOUR PELLET SUPPLY, f.y.i. YOU SHOULD READ THIS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eernest4 said:
hossthehermit said:
eernest4 said:
macman said:
eernest4 said:
.....did not have to spend 180.oo for a wall Tstat .....

eernest4, that must be SOME wall Tstat to cost $180 :gulp:

I paid $24 for mine.

You might want to do some calculations on how many bags of pellets you'd save over the course of a heating season (say 100 days or more?), x 1/2 bag/night x the amount it cost to buy those bags....I bet it's more than the cost of the ignitor.

But what do I know...I'm just a Pellet Pig

You realize that I am the grand poobaa of the pellet pigs?? Please show at least a little respect for your "exhaulted leader"! :p

I realize that I can get a line voltage snap acting thermostat from ace hardware for $12.95

but on my stove, the Tstat is a custom wiring job into the stove's computer motherboard.

The 12.95 Tstat would void my warrantee which is still in effect & risk blowing the moterboard
if it is not compatable.
Maybe Dannon Group teck service is BS ing me about not putting in any Tstat but theirs.

It is certainly way overpriced but is the only way to get factory tstat installation instructions.

There are jumper cables that have to be set one way for off/on & another way for hi/lo opperation & i suspect that swithcing between oppertaional modes of the thermostat with a toggle switch that I could buy at radio shack & install myself is not allowable.

The transient pulses of the switch being thrown while the motherboard was energized might blow a computer chip in the motherboard.

At least,that is the conversation that i reciently had with teck service.

It could be BS , but I dont want to risk a motherboard to find out.

far cheaper & easier to meter out a known amount of pellets in the hopper for overnight burn & run out of fuel after four hours & shut down the stove.

When I was younger, we used to fly the rc airplanes with the babe o bee or cox .049 engines.
these had a metered fuel supply that took 3 minutes flight time to run empty for engine shut down. There was no way to shut off the engine until the fuel ran out in 3 minutes.

Later,they can out with the .40 &.60 engines that had rc controled carbs & we went from $50.oo
model rc planes to $500.oo rc planes with carburator engine shut down and 1 hour fuel tanks.
wing spans went from 2 ft to 6 ft radio control went from 2 channel to 6 channel, so that we had 2 extra channels to do odd & assorted tricks with.

So, now you know where the metered fuel supply idea came from.

uummmmmmm, eernest, your motherboard just called, asked me to remind you that it might be time to consider going back on your meds. Remember what happened last time. Just passing along the message.

Hey hoss,

Your village just called me.

They want their idiot back but i
didn't want to rat you out so I told them i didn't know where you were!
;-P , ,just kidding but,got chia!

Yeah, eernest, I bet you do have a chia. Which one? The hippo, or the weasel?

Status
Not open for further replies.