how to remove front door on a Harman xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joeshek

Mar 5, 2018
Nepa
I cant seem to find any instructions on how to remove the front door on the Harman xxv .. I'm wanting t replace the window glass gasket
thanks

I think there is a slot in the lid that if you get door in right position the door will lift off the hinges. look for a slot that lines up with door when it is at about a 45 deg angle?

I think there is a slot in the lid that if you get door in right position the door will lift off the hinges. look for a slot that lines up with door when it is at about a 45 deg angle?
thanks for the reply...
doesn't seem to work.. looks like I may have to take the top off.. I cant find any how to for that either!! lol
I don't want to take he screws out of the hinges because it never goes back right!
again thanks for the reply any and all are appreciated

First there is no need to remove the door to replace the glass gasket just remove the 4 screws w/clips and the gasket has a adhesive side so you simply put on the edges of the glass and re install if it in fact needs it. You will have to remove the hinges to remove the door but again not necessary

I cant seem to find any instructions on how to remove the front door on the Harman xxv .. I'm wanting t replace the window glass gasket
thanks

Simply open the door all the way, facing the outside panel of door place right hand at bottom right corner of door near stove and left hand on upper outer corner of door... pull up! It's not lite! You'll feel door slide up off of the hinge pins. At this point pull door out and away from stove. Simple... Do it ever time the stove is cleaned!

Dang didn't realize how old this thread was.... LOL! :)