How to tell if oiler is oiling enough?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My pioneer uses more oil than gas (not adjustable)

the correct ratio is The velocity vector v of an object that has positions x(t) at time t and x(t + Δt) at time t + Δt, can be computed as the derivative of position:

or when you rev it up
it should spray oil all over you and the wood you are cutting

I fill both tanks at the same time. Sometimes it looks like I could get by with 2 gas tanks per oil fill, but other times not so much.

My Poulan doesn't seem to be consistant with the amount of oil it consumes. I've noticed the cheapo bar/chain oil at Fleet Farm is pretty thick so I've added mineral spirits and that beefed up the oil consumption. I THINK I notice that it uses oil more after blowing out that area at the base of the bar - whatever you call it. That seems to collect a lot of sawdust which absorbs oil.

All of my Stihls use 1 tank of gas and 95% of a tank of oil. None of my saws leak oil. But in the summer time in the back of the truck at 120 degrees they will leak like a faucet.

Status
Not open for further replies.