1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How to test Quadrafire 1000 without thermostat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mlwinchell, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mlwinchell

mlwinchell Member

Loc:
    mlwinchell@yahoo.com
    I had an awesome day and scored a Quadrafire 1000 for free. I already have one, so I was thinking about this one for parts but I may sell it. The people that gave it to me said it works but I want to make sure I was wondering if there is a way to wire it to test without a thermostat connected. I tried tying together 3x 9v batteries and connecting via 14-2 wire that didn't work. I don't have a 24v battery charger or anything 24v around I know there's got to be a way that I can't think of. Thanks in advance for your help!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Should just need to jump it with a wire. The controller produces the power source the stat is just a switch that closes when it senses the room temp lower than the setting.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Yep... As Jay said. Just a simple wire going from one contact to the other.
  4. wwert

wwert Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern CT.
    Just realize you can only shut it down by removing 1 wire from the jumper. If you are crafty put a toggle switch between the jumper . That way you can shut it down again.