How to test Quadrafire 1000 without thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwinchell

Mar 8, 2009
[email protected]
I had an awesome day and scored a Quadrafire 1000 for free. I already have one, so I was thinking about this one for parts but I may sell it. The people that gave it to me said it works but I want to make sure I was wondering if there is a way to wire it to test without a thermostat connected. I tried tying together 3x 9v batteries and connecting via 14-2 wire that didn't work. I don't have a 24v battery charger or anything 24v around I know there's got to be a way that I can't think of. Thanks in advance for your help!

Should just need to jump it with a wire. The controller produces the power source the stat is just a switch that closes when it senses the room temp lower than the setting.

Yep... As Jay said. Just a simple wire going from one contact to the other.

Just realize you can only shut it down by removing 1 wire from the jumper. If you are crafty put a toggle switch between the jumper . That way you can shut it down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.