1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

How to wire a humidifier to a furnace?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by doublewide, Dec 16, 2010.

1. doublewide

doublewide Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    I put in a pellet stove now my house is too dry. Does anyone here know how to wire a humidifier to a furnace, so that it runs only when the heat is running in the house. I have been looking for some help for a while. My furnace is an Armstrong Air Heat pump Seer 14. Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. project240

project240 Member

Loc:
    Alberta
    I just installed one on our furnace. Very simple. Ours came with a short video showing how to do everything
  3. Later

Later New Member

A humidifier that only works when the furnace is on producing heat won't put much humidity in the air, especially when you have a stove. In this house we have a high efficiency gas furnace (no stove) and I have connected the humidifier to be on all the time and the furnace fan on all the time. Keeps the humidity here just a bit above 30%. At the other house, where we have the wood stove, there is no way that a furnace based humidifier could keep up. Fortunately we have a damp basement there.