How well do rounds season unsplit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say it's a reasonable price and UNLIKE SOME, I won't assume you're not smart enough to what the wood there is worth.
If the cottonwood and poplar are not dry inside already, it does dry fast after being split.

I sell lots of poplar and other firewood dealers in the area think I'm a shyster but my customers know what I got and know what they want.

I throw it in the stove and burn it so I dodn't give a rats ass what it is.

Anal tools anyway. Cheez.

moosetrek said:
it was strange that as soon as I leave for college a nice gas splitter shows up in the yard...

That is funny. The day I hooked up the 3 pt rototiller the first time was the day I thought it was strange that my parents had me use that crappy running front tine snapper all those years.

I love my poplar in the shoulder months and throw some in over the winter too so I really don't know why someone would say they'd rather burn money.. that's being a fool. Poplar, like elm, can be extremely difficult to split by hand. Some of our rounds are about 2' wide and need the splitter without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.