Hows my chimney looking guys? KT-302

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
well i have been burning since october 28th in the evenings to combat the evil gas bill.. mostly 6 month seasoned (not enough) cottonwood from my yard i cut down.. i was wondering how you guys think my chimney looks for not being cleaned yet? i just got my poly brush in today and am gonna clean it later this week..

This picture is taken from inside the firebox going up to the ca.. about 6' of single black wall pipe with the dampner then onto the stainless duravent simspon then to the cap...

Ray

Attachments

• 11x18x09chimney19.jpg
    11x18x09chimney19.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 529
That looks fine, but most creosote forms at the top of the chimney and cap.

the cap is black on the outside by the openings but i dont see any restrictions yet.

Ray

That section looks fine, but I would pull the cap and check inside the pipe from the top, if its not that hard to get to. I check mine once a month. The creosote forms when it cools, and it starts cooling pretty quick at the top section there.

well dang it! i uploaded the wrong pictures! here are the current ones.

Attachments

• chmny 001.jpg
    chmny 001.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 256
  • chmny  002.jpg
    chmny 002.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 269
  • chmny  003.jpg
    chmny 003.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 260
  • chmny  004.jpg
    chmny 004.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 263
  • chmny  005.jpg
    chmny 005.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 255
Looks decent enough to me.

It looks bad! I'll have to confiscate your wood to prevent u from having a chimney fire. No need 2 thank me. :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.