1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Hows the Englander Inserts?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jdempsey, Nov 22, 2012.

1. jdempsey

jdempsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    kentucky
    Hi all been a while. Still got the 10-cpm in the basement. Just love this little stove.

I have been thinking of purchasing an insert for upstairs. Currently the fireplace has gas logs.
    Not a fan at all of those. The smell aggravates the wife and myself something terrible.

So how is the inserts from englander? The good the bad?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

The EP series has gotten good reviews on this forum....I'm sure the insert version of that stove would be the same.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

The EP uses a tube type heat exchange system that is far superior in my opinion. Plus the EP looks pretty fancy :)
  4. fmsm

fmsm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    I had an EP and it was very good. However, in the two seasons I had it I had to replace 2 igniters, a blower, and a rope gasket. The only Reason I got rid of it was that I wanted a cage system for easier removal at cleaning time.
  5. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    I think the EP is the only one they are making now. They used to make the 25-Pi which is the PDV without a pedistal, PITA to move those on the hearth. The EP gets very good reviews and is a trusty unit.
  6. Montnl

Montnl New Member

Loc:
    Northwestern, MA
    The 25-PI is a modified 25-PDV as confirmed by Mike H. in this forum. Heats my 2,200 ft2 house with no problems, burn pot requires daily cleaning and weekly on the heat exchanger. Cleaning the exhaust fan and venting is monthly, every ton or as required depending on the pellet type. Very well built stove, not nice looking but does the job at affordable price.