Hows the Englander Inserts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
Hi all been a while. Still got the 10-cpm in the basement. Just love this little stove.

I have been thinking of purchasing an insert for upstairs. Currently the fireplace has gas logs.
Not a fan at all of those. The smell aggravates the wife and myself something terrible.

So how is the inserts from englander? The good the bad?

The EP series has gotten good reviews on this forum....I'm sure the insert version of that stove would be the same.

The EP uses a tube type heat exchange system that is far superior in my opinion. Plus the EP looks pretty fancy :)

I had an EP and it was very good. However, in the two seasons I had it I had to replace 2 igniters, a blower, and a rope gasket. The only Reason I got rid of it was that I wanted a cage system for easier removal at cleaning time.

The 25-PI is a modified 25-PDV as confirmed by Mike H. in this forum. Heats my 2,200 ft2 house with no problems, burn pot requires daily cleaning and weekly on the heat exchanger. Cleaning the exhaust fan and venting is monthly, every ton or as required depending on the pellet type. Very well built stove, not nice looking but does the job at affordable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.