How's this for "clearances to combustibles"?? A wood storage bin underneath the stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the combined miracles of firebrick and a bottom heat shield. Rick

Interesting, but small. I like to have at least 8-10 splits on hand with in an arms reach of the stove.

Jay, do you have that exact stove? How much wood canyou get under there? It does seem small...

I didn't think a rear clearance of 10" was that good. Don't the PEs have much closer clearances than that? I know my Hertage can be at 7".

meh...I dunno about that wood storage under the stove concept...sooner or later someone's going to squirrel kindling there.

Highbeam said:
I didn't think a rear clearance of 10" was that good. Don't the PEs have much closer clearances than that? I know my Hertage can be at 7".

The T6 can get down to 6" properly installed. The Summit goes down to 5".

Status
Not open for further replies.