Hudson River West Point up and out Selkirk DT install with custom lighted hearth!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Only took 6 hours to install my Hudson River West Point in my friend's livingroom. We used the Selkirk Direct Temp up and out kit with 4 feet of inside vertical rise and 3 feet thru a 2x6 wall. The 3" pellet vent on the back of the stove goes into the Selkirk stove adapter and then into a 3" to 4" increaser and then into the 4" standard T with cleanout. The DT venting starts above the cleanout T and that is where the 3" flex house for the Air Intake is connected. Made sure it was not near any windows. I must say even though it is high temperature venting for multi-fuel, the heated incoming burn air really stops ash from caking in the burn pot! Using a plumber's plate and the wall strap extensions really anchored the pipe to the wall! Stove pulls strait out for easy servicing! Also the 4" inside vertical will not build up with pellet ash to easily and provides a good draft so no wind will ever blow smoke into the room. I just like the fact that the DT venting is cool to the touch when burning! Great looking setup with the sand color tiles on a raised hearth with amber rope light under the overhang. Also The pipe can be painted all black with the hi temp black sating stove paint. The wall plate can be painted white to match the wall.
I also updated the Auger Bearing to a Nylatron Bearing in it's own special end plate that will last many many years.
See pics below

HudsonRiverWPInstall (1).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (2).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (3).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (4).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (5).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (6).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (7).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (8).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (9).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (10).jpg HudsonRiverWPInstall (11).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC