Hudson Valley Biomass Pellet Mfg?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpinin

Jul 10, 2008
hudson valley
Saw this today :

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/1302359359.html

Inquired to ad - here is response I received :

I am in Millbrook The pellets are a wood grass blend the are very dense they sink in water and generally burn about 200 degrees hotter than other pellets .We bag in 40# bags or will sell any amount in bulk bags or loose over our nystate certified scale. Thanks DJ

I wonder if these will burn ok in a pellet only stove? May haveto take a drive over and pick up a bag just to see.

We have someone in our area doing this as well, but I have not heard of anyone that has actually used these. It does not make sense that you'd get much heat out of dried compressed grass - but who knows ? Like to know what the price is as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.