Humidification with Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhincephalon

Mar 9, 2013
I am curious if anyone has put a kettle on top of their P68 to try and add humidification to the air. Does it work? Will water boil? I know there is no griddle on the stove so I didn't know how effective it would be and/or if experimenting with this would harm the finish on the top of the stove.

you can make tepid water on top of your P68..i doubt it will boil even on the highest of settings....you could keep your ceramic mug of hot cocoa warm for extended periods though.

I don't think the amount of humidification would amount to much, but of course, you'll likely scratch and rust the top.......

I used to put a large kettle on my old Lopi and it certainly would steam and add moisture to the air. I did this to supplement my house humidifier. However, since this was my first season with my new P61A, I was reluctant to do it this year as it will eventually wear the paint and rust ever so slightly the top of the stove. You can purchase ceramic plate type things to place a kettle on and protect your stove top somewhat but they're rather expensive. If I ever I find one cheaper than what I've seen so far, I would absolutely buy it and use it on my Harman.

Just packed up the humidifier for the end of season. Hope to shut down burning pellets very soon. A good cleaning and will be ready for the fall. You need a separate unit and water on top of the stove won't cut it. Not even close.

The Elena has a humidifier box over the heat exchangers that is built in but I haven't used it. Very ackward to get water through the slots in the ceramic top and humidifier portion - need to find a decent funnel I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.