humidifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can test the accuracy of your device by putting it in a sealed ziploc bag overnight along with a bottle cap full of salt with a few drops of water added to it. You want the salt to be slightly slushy, but not dissolved. You should get a final reading of 75%. Mine was 2% off, which I can live with.
Mine was 2% off too after overnight, It read 73%. Thanks for great info :)

I have a forced air furnace on propane and I do not run it very often but needed to the other day while some work was being done on the house. That sucked the humidity out of the house so fast I could not believe it. It took me 2 days to get it back up to 30%. I got up this morning and humidity is at 40%. The humidity seems to be a lot better when all I use is the wood stove with a cast iron pot full of water boiling away on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.