Humming noise from auger motor P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterworker123

Oct 18, 2014
Maine
I have a humming noise coming from the auger?I keep the burn pot clean. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to notice. I consider myself still a newbie when it comes to my stove.

My accentra will make a humming noise every so often when it's running but it's very short and not often probubly normal but keep an eye on it.

Is the noise that your hearing when the auger is shutting down.thats when I hear the humming noise in mine

No, it seems like when it feeds for a couple of seconds. I took the rear panel of and watch it. I was wondering were the humming was coming from.

Does it sound like a "rotisserie" motor ??

No, just a quick little hum
I would let the stove break in if the noise gets worse have the the dealer look at it.its under warranty no worries mate.

They all hum. It's a shaded pole synchronous motor so the hum you hear is the 60 cycle per second resonance of alternating current in the field laminations. Best part is it's cheap to build, infinitely variable is speed and sinple as a block of wood to build or rebuild. Nothing to wear out except the end bearings and unlike most motors they will last indefinitely with a locked rotor (armature).

Reactions: Big papa
They all hum. It's a shaded pole synchronous motor so the hum you hear is the 60 cycle per second resonance of alternating current in the field laminations. Best part is it's cheap to build, infinitely variable is speed and sinple as a block of wood to build or rebuild. Nothing to wear out except the end bearings and unlike most motors they will last indefinitely with a locked rotor (armature).
Yes that's exactly what I was trying to explain to him lol.thanks for the help lol

No problem. Been paying with this stuff for at least 25 years.... Got started back before it was mainstream because I'm inherently cheap.

Well mee cheap toooo and from now on your my go to guy with motor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.