Hung Up Cherry!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mattinpa said:
I wouldn't let it there. Cherry rots fast even before loosing it's bark. (Especially the top of the tree) I value life and limb, but that tree seems to be upright enough to where you wouldn't have to worry about a kick, if cut this way. Start from the bottom and work your way up to the "V". Let the weight of the tree plant itself into the ground on each cut. When you reach the "V", cut the most "branching" section off (left) , leaving the straightest (right). Work your way up each section as it plants back into the ground on each cut.

But if your uneasy about it, leave it. I'm of the "try it and see" sort!

I guess you and I think alike right or wrong. I would watch though it might have a tendency to roll to the left. I would take my cuts from the right side of that tree.

hmmmm, I can't tell how loose she is at the bottom, but my bet is she's in by the roots pretty good yet.....plus, can't see the top, how she's hung up there....

But I think I'd be placing a rope high as I could get it, been known to tie around a decent rock and throw the thing way up in a tree, catch a good crotch, let the rock slide down, tie her off, run plenty of line, hook up the come-a-long, and winch something like that over.

OR, wrap a good line around the bottom if she's loose enough, and use the come-a-long there.

I love the 2 ton come-a-long plus rope/chain....brought down many leaners safely with it, 'specially where the tractor won't get in.

Valhalla said:
Has it come down yet?

Went up in that area on our property over the weekend and is still in the same position.

Zap T

Status
Not open for further replies.