1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Hung up/Snagged trees

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Skier76, Sep 19, 2011.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Just be careful in cutting off the bottom sections . . . you can pinch your saw or do much worse . . . have the tree come down on you . . . that said . . . it's done by a lot of folks to get trees down on the ground . . . just be careful.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western CT
    I did not see it mentioned Skier but that notch was not why your tree went the wrong way, it is simply the way the tree WANTED to go. I cut a few trees for my buddy last week. Good thing is that i had plenty of options to dropping them. Dropped an 14 inch maple right on his wood splitting pile, right where he wanted it and dropped a 24 inch white oak down the back yard hill, perfect again. The reason teh drops were so perfect is that I planned on dropping them where they wanted to go. Trying to make a tree go the way YOU want it to is where you get into trouble.
  3. Skier76

Skier76 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT and VT
    This tree looked straight...but it must have had just enough of a tilt to it. I may have ben able to correct it with wedges....but who knows at this point. I'm just glad it didn't do any damage.