Huntsman 241 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerheadC4

Oct 25, 2014
Eastford CT
I bought this stove in the early 90's, it was used...finally got around to installing it.
I had lurked around this site for awhile then joined a few weeks ago, got a few ideas and a lot of good info from here.
I have a Raised ranch about 1200 sq ft, and this is installed in the basement rec room.
I used Selkirk 6 inch SS double walled pipe for the chimney.
I did a raised hearth on concrete floor, with steel studs approx. 6 inches OC and 3 layers of 1/2 inch hardie board, then slate tiles.
The heat shield is one layer of 1/2 inch hardie board with 2 inch metal spacers.
I'll finish the drywall then paint and install the baseboard this weekend.
But I got far enough for my final inspection, so I had the building inspector here this evening.
He passed everything...then I called my insurance company gave them all the info and I'm good to go. WS1.jpg WS2.jpg WS3.jpg WS4.jpg WS5.jpg

Good little stove. Great heater. Installed one in our cabin a few years ago.

Only problem we had was with people being used to the fisher stove where the is no fiber gasket in the door, and turning the draft caps down too far, as with a good seal on the door, this sucker really is tight.

Nice to see the old girl installed well, have fun.

pen

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.