1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Huskee 22-ton price heads up

Post in 'The Gear' started by TreePointer, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    Oh, FYI, I bought the 22 Ariens at Home Depot a few days ago. It's $1199, but I gave them a 25% Harbor Frieght coupon which dropped it down to 899, comes with cradels and hydro oil, ready to go. ;)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe... Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks, please do so I can write it on my booklet and store it away... Good to know
  3. Foragefarmer

Foragefarmer Member

Loc:
    Central, Virginia
    Milky is indicative of water in the fluid. It should be changed if that happens.
    TreePointer likes this.
  4. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the tip, I will keep my nut tight, I can see how water could trickle in if it is left in the rain and that nut isn't tight...
  5. Locust Post

Locust Post Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast Ohio

Yep moisture as Forage says will do it in.
  6. NortheastAl

NortheastAl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Putnam, NY
    That's an awesome deal. I got a Harbor Freight catalog the other day. I've got to check if the coupon is in there. That Ariens looked good at HD. The cradles were not the usual Chinese soft steel kind. Overall I think that may be a better buy than the Huskee 22 ton.
  7. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Loc:
    New Jersey
    $100 dollar difference if you have the coupon and they honor it. You certainly did your homework. Me being new to this took the advice of the many guys on here that have the Huskee, I put it together last night and felt that I now have a quality product well worth what I spent. The I-beam is solid....enjoy it, I know I will......
    Foragefarmer and Locust Post like this.
  8. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Loc:
    New Jersey
    The 22 went through every ugly beech pieces that I sent through it..... I'm glad I went this way.
    Locust Post likes this.
  9. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    IMHO you did good, those are proven reliable durable machines. Good for you. A C
  10. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks bud, after a few little kinks, this beast is running just fine, the I-beam is a monster and its going through everything that I am giving it, so I can't be any happier. I would be just another that would highly recommend this unit. Usually I say you get what you pay for, but I'm actually thinking that this is a better deal than that....
  11. Pdesjr

Pdesjr New Member

Loc:
    CT
    Buy a cover if its going to live outdoors.It will keep the water out. Just make sure to let it cool down after use so the cover doesn't melt.