Huskee 34 Ton questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
1) I need a new hydro filter. I dented this one on a sapling. Can't find it anywhere. Manual has a part number of 390601a0, anyone know a replacement?

2) Anyone ever put wider tires on their splitter? It'd make it much easier to pull through these half thawed trails. If you have...what'd you run?

Also, for you Stihl fan boys, I had an MS290 for 4 months. It blew up. Which by the way, before some blow hard tells me I MUSTVE BEEN doing something wrong, Stihl repaced it (with a 271, Idk how that works) due to manufacturing defects.

Never again, after this one explodes too.

A few seconds with Google.............................. Start here...

Capturef.JPG

accidentally got a bunch of those filters for my 35 ton speeco (huskee) .. if dent is a small one .. wouldn't worry about it
those hydraulic filter last a long time .. at least mine has given no problems. did replace just because.
that was 2-3 years ago .. probably should change it again .. 35 ton speeco sure has been a good splitter!!!

Reactions: Kool_hand_Looke
1) I need a new hydro filter. I dented this one on a sapling. Can't find it anywhere. Manual has a part number of 390601a0, anyone know a replacement?

2) Anyone ever put wider tires on their splitter? It'd make it much easier to pull through these half thawed trails. If you have...what'd you run?

Also, for you Stihl fan boys, I had an MS290 for 4 months. It blew up. Which by the way, before some blow hard tells me I MUSTVE BEEN doing something wrong, Stihl repaced it (with a 271, Idk how that works) due to manufacturing defects.

Never again, after this one explodes too.

I think the 290's are only built to last 4 months. What failed on yours?

I think the 290's are only built to last 4 months. What failed on yours?
Idk. Something inside the cylinder. Idk if it wouldnt hold compression, or what. I took it into the store I bought it from and they shipped it off. Some lady called me and told me they were replacing it with that 271...which has fewer CC's and a shorter bar.

Idk. Something inside the cylinder. Idk if it wouldnt hold compression, or what. I took it into the store I bought it from and they shipped it off. Some lady called me and told me they were replacing it with that 271...which has fewer CC's and a shorter bar.
Why would you accept a lesser saw as a replacement?

Why would you accept a lesser saw as a replacement?
They claimed...the 271 is an upgrade. Anti-vibration, lighter, more fuel efficient with the same power. If it doesn't blow up after 4 MONTHS of use I'd say that's an upgrade. Plus, I had wrestled this for a month. I was done. I just wanted a saw.

I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.